Locating reliable, readily accessible travel and transportation arrangements can be daunting. The links below will help to get you
started. Some of them are for local travel, and some will help you plan trips and vacations, some good resources on the road. If you have had success with a business or organization in arranging your travel and they are not listed here, let us know at [email protected]!
Individuals with disabilities (specifically those with upper limb mobility impairment) are eligible for a “non-revenue” EZ-Pass transponder that will give the driver free passage through Virginia tolls. Find out more here.
Van Rentals, Sales, and Customization
- Mobility Works– Wheelchair accessible van sales and rentals
- TNT Auto Rental– Wheelchair accessible van rentals
- Hampton Roads Mobility– Vehicle modifications
- Wheelers Van Rental
- Trip Planning
- Emerging Horizons– Accessible travel news since 1996
- Easy Access Europe– dated, but still useful free download of tips for traveling in Europe
Other Travel Resources
- Disabled Travelers
- Gimp on the Go
- Wheelchair Travel- Open your world
- Wheelchair Traveling- Access your world
- Wheelchair Escapes– Accessible Travel agent
- Accessible Journeys– Creating accessible lifestyle vacations
- Barrier Free National Parks– for Wheelers and slow walkers
- Sage Traveling– European trip planning for people with disabilities
- Easy Access Travel– Accessible cruising
- International Travel with service animal
If you know of other helpful links for traveling with a disability, let us know!